I love bread. I often buy bread from bakeries – there are more and more of them in the city. They’ve got so many types of bread there – from leaven, with spelt wheat, with nuts, herbs, gluten-free…
I often bake bread at home..love eating those for breakfast or for lunch, with salad and soup. The best thing about the bread I share with you today is that you can make a bigger quantity than you need and then freeze part of it for up to 2 weeks. In the fridge they would last for about a week. Take out some of those for dinner and you will have healthy and nutritious bread to go along with your main dish.
Here is my recipe for baked bread:
Baked bread with chickpea, sweet potato and dried tomatoes
- 800 grams of boiled chickpea (it’s better to let it soak in water for a night, then in the morning wash it out and boil it for about 20-30 mins)
- 1 big sweet potato (about 400-500 grams in raw state) – boiled and mashed
- 1 glove of garlic
- 1/2 onion
- 8 pieces of dried tomatoes, marinated in olive oil
- 1 tea spoon of flax seeds
- 1 table spoon of sesame
- 3 table spoons of pumpkin seeds
- 2 table spoons of sunflower seeds
- 1 table spoon of cumin
- olive oil
Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
In a blender add the chickpea, garlic and onion and blend until you get a smooth mixture. Add the cumin, salt and blend a little bit more.
Put the above chickpea mixture in a big bowl along with the mashed sweet potato, chopped in tiny pieces dried tomatoes and the flax seeds (leave some flax seeds to sprinkle on top of the bread). Mix everything very well.
Take a muffin pan with 12 spots and put muffin paper into them. In every spot put part of the bread mixture, then sprinkle with the seeds you left aside, add some olive oil on top and then bake for about 20-25 mins.
Take them out of the oven and let them cool off in their spots.